Microfiber towels are not only magic. It's modern science
Why you should consider buying microfiber towels?
Microfiber is synthetic fiber finer than one denier or decitex/thread, having a diameter of less than ten micrometers. This is smaller than the diameter of a strand of silk (which is approximately one denier), which is itself about 1/5 the diameter of a human hair. (Wikipedia)
You obviously get different quality microfiber products. How can you do a quick check? First look for the label. The Composition – main fabric 80% polyester / 20% polyamide. Bobums, our affiliated suppliers towels consists of 88% polyester and 12% polyamide. You can also do the stretch test. If you hold the product up into sunlight and it stretches easily and lets to much light through, mmm, no good! The ‘touch’ test. When touching the product with your hand, it should be soft, and if the material grab the cracks/imperfections on your hand, then you know that the product is made with spit microfiber.
If your towel catches on your hand, it is made with split microfiber. High quality cloths have gone through a splitting process, leaving the fibers to look like an asterisk (star patern) in cross section.
Microfiber is highly absorbent (it can hold up to seven times its weight in water), sand-resistant making it very effective. It also has a long lifespan when properly used and maintained, and is lint-free. It has also become very affordable lately.
Microfibre towels are compact, lightweight and easy to carry. It is highly absorbent and quick drying, making them ideal for swimmers. Plus, it’s sand-resistant, which is great for the beach or camping and makes a great towel for surfers. A square inch (645 x 645mm) on a microfiber towel holds close to 200,000 fibers, which creates a larger surface area in which to absorb moisture. For this reason, drying your hair with a microfiber towel will be a faster process than with a cotton towel. One of the benefits of microfiber towels for natural hair is that they can help to limit frizz as you dry your hair. The smoother microfiber material creates less friction on your strands.
Microfiber cloths completely remove makeup only using water and no need for Oils, & Cleansers. It gently exfoliate skin and clear clogged pores from dirt and bacteria all while not disrupting the pH levels in your skin.
Microfibre towels are machine washable and resistant to repeated washing. It’s eco-friendly, uses less water in washing load, less washing powder, no softener and no tumble drying.
As microfiber lasts longer than cotton, these towels provide better value for money, withstanding up to around 500 washes. Last but by no means least, microfiber towels leave no little balls of fluff.
How do we care for our Microfiber products?
Remember..microfiber is like a magnet! The fibers are positively charged. Dirt and dust are negatively charged so they are literally attracted to microfiber. If possible, do not mix microfiber with cotton in a wash. When washing your microfiber products, do NOT use any washing powders, but preferably a mild detergent. No bleach and no softener. Wash in cold water. If you must use a tumble drier, use the coolest cycle.
Various other products are available made with high quality microfiber material.
- Microfiber Surf Poncho Changing Robe is your personal changing room, perfect for changing without flashing, make changing in and out of your wetsuit easy, private and warm in public.
- The changing swim robe is made of microfiber material, soft, good water absorption, and quick drying and it is compact and lightweight, as well as being easy to carry while traveling
- The microfiber poncho is good for surfers, swimmers, divers, triathletes, mountain bikers or anyone else changing by the beach, pool, lake, river or outdoors.
- It is windproof, dries you quickly, keeps you warm. It can also be used as home bath robe ,travel towel robe too.
- After swim Hoodie
- Compact design – very compact, lightweight and easy to carry microfibre towel
- Machine washable – does not tear – resistant to repeated washing
- Quick drying – microfibre dries very quickly after use
- Absorbtion – very effective in drying the body due to its high absorbtion properties
- Composition – main fabric 88% polyester / 12% polyamide
- Elastic for easy folding and hanging up
- Doggie Towel
The perfect towel / blanket for your best friend. Can be used as a bed cover or as a drying towel – ideal to throw in the car or onto furniture to protect it from your pet