How to unlock your padlock to find your full potential.
Do you want to do things you never considered before? Unchain your heart! Here are 8 keys on how to unlock your padlock to live your life to it's fullest.
Don’t fear failure. Fear regret. Sometimes, failure can hurt but these experiences allow us to learn from our mistakes and find new solutions to develop as individuals. The only people who never fail are those who never try.
If you only had 6 months to live, how would you spend it? What things would you go after? You must grow a sense of urgency to make your dreams a reality. Today, right now, you can do something about your choices to limit your regrets in future.
Choose to be your genuine self, let go of who you think you should be in the future and be yourself right now.
Padlocks. I decided to create an acronym with the following letters: P.A.D.L.O.C.K.S. The words related to each letter will be the 8 keys that will hopefully inspire you to ‘unchain your heart’ and unlock your full potential to develop a NO-LIMIT mindset and help you overcome fear and doubt and live your dreams.
Do you want to be successful and happy? Don't wait for someone else to do it! Unlock your P.A.D.L.O.C.K.S
1. P – POSITIVE thinking plays a huge role in your outlook on life and your way of thinking. Positive thinking usually comes with optimism which is a key part of productive stress management.
You can learn to turn negative thinking into positive thinking. The process is manageable, but it does take time and practice. You will need to set goals in achieving all these life-changing challenges and that requires PATIENCE.
Patience is having the ability to suppress agitation when confronted with delay in achieving results. It’s essential to our daily life and might be key to a happy one.
With your goals and vision in your mind, PERSISTENCE will motivate and drive you. It will give you the ability to continue to get up no matter how many times you’ve been hammered down and strengthen you to keep taking action even when you don’t feel inspired to do so.
2. A – ADVENTUROUS, is someone willing to take chances. It involves getting out of your comfort zone and broaden your mind learning new and unique things which were unknown before. Being adventurous will shape your character traits, teach resilience and help you cope with adversity and give you optimism and confidence in your abilities.
3. D – DETERMINATION is a positive emotional feeling that involves persevering towards a difficult goal despite obstacles. It’s a great asset that we all need to better our life and give us inner strength. To keep going is a vital component of success and with determination, failure is just a redirection and not the end.
4. L – LOYALTY. Trust equals loyalty. Loyalty is an entity that is developed or lost as a direct result of our own actions, behaviours, and motives. There are a few sayings; Loyalty is rare and if you find it, keep it. Also, ‘if you want loyalty, buy a dog’. Unfortunately, mutual trust is at an all-time low in the world today.
However, don’t lose faith. Loyalty is still one of the greatest qualities you can possess. Loyalty stands for commitment and dedication that leads to feelings of security, better communication and deeper bonds. To earn the loyalty of others, your conduct and actions have to reflect your loyalty first.
5. O – OPENHEARTED. You can have drive and determination and created preferences or goals based on what you think will make you happy and successful, but if you don’t allow your heart to lead you where love and contribution are needed, you will never feel fulfilled. Open your heart and you will see things in a different light. Being openhearted is about pouring out love, joy and assist others, not expecting anything in return.
6. C – CAPABLE, CONFIDENT & CALM – 3 words of great significance. Being capable is having the skill, ability and qualities to do a particular or most things well. When confident people see an opportunity they take it. Fear doesn’t hold them back as failure is a great way to learn. Develop your self-confidence daily. Believing in yourself will give you the courage to take action that builds confidence which will spirit you to find new adventures.
By being calm you will be more in control of your emotions and your life. Incorporating the above behaviours into your life will result in having an educated brain that will help you stay calm when under pressure.
7. K – KNOWLEDGEABLE. Self-analysis is the best analysis. Knowledge will help you to understand yourself better. It will assist you in thinking diversely. Nothing remains the same and things are changing in our world at a rapid pace. The only tool that can help you to recognize change is knowledge.
The world will not arrange itself according to what you expect and desire. Always be prepared to create an environment of awareness to evaluate real facts instead of believing speculations or perceptions.
8. S – SELF-CONTROL, an aspect of inhibitory control, is the ability to regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviour in the face of temptations and impulses. As executive function self-control is a cognitive process that is necessary for regulating one’s behaviour to achieve specific goals – Wikipedia
Self-control can both be learned and strengthened. Learn to plan and avoid temptations and possible situations that may break your strength of will. It’s an effective way of making the most of your available self-control making sure that you do not waste your reserves before it is really needed.
“Think of self-control as a muscle. Persistence to achieve your goal can wear out the muscle in the short-term, but the muscle will grow stronger and improve your willpower over time as you continue to work it”.
Free yourself today with the 8 keys in how to unlock your padlock to reach your full potential. It’s your duty to live up to your full potential. If you neglect it, you will live a life far short of what you are capable of and that will bring regret.
Reaching your full potential requires enormous actions. Never do anything normal again. As time goes on you will come to realize that it is no longer an unusual activity but a habit for you.