Gala: Glenn Petersen Benefit Gala, Sat 9th March 2019 – We Need Your Help!
Glenn Petersen Benefit Gala
Glenn is the medic who recently lost a leg after a heart attack and some unfortunate set of events.
He has always given more than was asked of him, often being there after we have all left, helping Eric Ehrenreich and Chris van Niekerk pack up.
With the loss of his leg, it has meant he has lost mobility to do his medics job as well as his other job of fixing automatic gearboxes. Glenn is divorced with two small kids.
Our proposal, supported by coaches from 20+ clubs and SwimBoard, is to run a Glenn Petersen Benefit Gala which will raise money for an artificial leg and fitment for him. The proceeds of the gala will go into a separate account which will be used to pay the service provider of the leg and also pay towards fitment/adjustment visits. The bank account will be available for all clubs and donors to see.
If you have any suggestions, please contact Gary Bonney or Eric Ehrenreich.
— Keep the gala short
— Sooner the better
— Times must count on the database
— 25m and 50m only
— Electronic buttons
— No-one charges for their services
— R100 per swimmer
— plus R500 per larger club, R300 per smaller club
— Keep it to 2 hours per session; juniors then seniors.
Program: Sat 9th March 2019
Session 1: 8:00am
1. Boys 25m Free
2. Girls 25m Free
3. Boys 25m Back
4. Girls 25m Back
5. Boys 25m Breast
6. Girls 25m Breast
7. Boys 25m Fly
8. Girls 25m Fly
Session 2: 9:30am
9. Boys 13&U 50m Free
10. Girls 13&U 50m Free
11. Boys 13&U 50m Back
12. Girls 13&U 50m Back
13. Boys 13&U 50m Breast
14, Girls 13&U 50m Breast
15. Boys 13&U 50m Fly
16. Girls 13&U 50m Fly
Session 3: 11:00am
17. Boys 14&O 50m Free
18. Girls 14&O 50m Free
19. Boys 14&O 50m Back
20. Girls 14&O 50m Back
21. Boys 14&O 50m Breast
22. Girls 14&O 50m Breast
23. Boys 14&O 50m Fly
24. Girls 14&O 50m Fly
— Each swimmer is limited to 4 events in total across all sessions
— Entry cost irrespective of number of events is R100 per swimmer
Facebook event – please share!
Date: Sat 9th March 2019
Your help please
We are looking for:
- Sponsor of prizes. Product or vouchers.
- Anyone want to be Main sponsor?
- Brochure / invite / web page design.
- Anyone want to run a tuck shop?
- Anyone prepared to put together a raffle?
- Any other ideas to raise money.
- Does anyone have contacts in the medical field? Prosthesis / artificial leg or know of a good supplier or can recommend a technician?
- Speak to Gary Bonney 083-642-2664 GaryBonney@gmail.com or Eric Ehrenreich 083-558-3244 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put together by partners: Vineyard Swimming Club, AquaWolf Aquatics Club, Westridge Swimming Club and OctaSphere lane ropes.
- Vineyard Swimming Club: Click Here
- AquaWolf Aquatics Club: Click Here
- Westridge Swimming Club: Click Here
- OctaSphere lane ropes: Click Here
Glenn needs money now for petrol and cell phone pay-as-you-go so that he can get to the hospital for consultations and also continue (in a fashion) his transmission repair business.
If you can help now, before the gala fundraiser on the 9th March, please complete the pledge form and EFT directly into the Glenn Petersen Benefit Fund account and send Proof of Payment to GaryBonney@gmail.com
All monies collected will go directly to Glenn.
Account: Glenn Petersen benefit fund
Number: 161 892 1140
Branch code: 470010
Reference: “Your name”
Proof of Payment: GaryBonney@gmail.com or 0836422664
Thank you for your support!
Please complete this Pledge Form: Click Here